Sunday, October 24, 2010

New missions suck ass


I'm just minding my own business, trying to work out how to maximise isk/hour missioning, when some noob says he's got into a fight with some NPCs in a belt. Apparently this noob is a powerful one, his name is Korvin and he's on some board of mission running or something (or at least that's the only thing that would be important in this game).


I head to the belt and find Korvin fighting 4 rats of the rokh, oneiros, myrmidon and falcon NPC types just as his mission running friend in a Mega asplodes in a ball of flames. I suddenly realise this could be my time to be an hero and hopefully influence Korvin to implement some of my mission ideas I have been working on. I take my trusty mission Dominix and pound the shit out of those rats while more and more Korvin alts pour in to ninja in on the rat bounties. One of those asshats must have got final blows on the rats or something as I never got the bounty myself. Fuck sake.

So skip a day and I've finished my normal set of missions in the dix for the day and patted myself on the back. Another day of work behind me, man I am awesome. I decided to head to Seyllin, as I heard the ratting there can make me tons of isk.

I decide to grab my most leet mission ship I had, my new Megathron (some asshats insist on calling it a Vindicator, but on reading up on this I discovered this to be a "Pirate" battleship. As my source of income is destroying those filthy vermin, I refuse to acknowledge their ships by their names) and I set destination to Sey.

Unknown to me, CCP have seemingly introduced a new type of mission where rats you destroyed previously respawn on a gate and attempt to rape you. While I appreciate them making my missions more exciting it would be nice if they made a dev blog about this or gave me a phone call or something.

So I jump into Sey and am met by an NPC spawn of doom. A HIC rat scrambles me and, while I try to flee like a girl back to the gate, more rats come in and, using new CCP created AI, start bumping me as I make my way back to the gate. More and more BC and BS rats spawn and I need to start overloading my AB, reps and cap boosters to keep up with the dps of this first room. I lock up one of the Hurricane NPCs and open fire....and after 3 rounds some arsehole rat jams me.

Seriously CCP, what the fuck? Do you want me to make vast quantities of isk easily in missions or don't you? For fuck's sake. Or at least just make them ignore me unless I engage first, as I wanted to do some lucrative belt ratting.

I recall drones and wait out my aggro while the rats keep spawning. As one of my reps burns out, taking a hardener with it, I start imagining how I'm going to murder every member of CCP who had a hand in designing this shitty new mission. Just as I give up the gate fires and I jump into the second room. CCP has a sick sense of humour as this room has fuck all rats in it!

I decide to decline the mission and head back to the dix to repair.

Fuck you CCP

No comments:

Post a Comment