Sunday, April 14, 2013

From the Bowels of the Archives, Pt. II: The Federation

A Letter from Lord RectAnus to the Outside World:

While I must say that my scholarly mind is meant for other tasks, I should also take the time to point out that it fared rather well in the diplomatic scene. 

This only happened once! I believe that makes the trip a success.

A little background information, I suppose, should be in order:

DUST 514, Eve Online's FPS counterpart has been sputtering along nicely since it's release. But coming this May there will be an expansion opening certain planets to conquer. SMERG (General Tso's) will no doubt partake in this adventure. But we do run into the issue of size... an issue I am all too familiar with.

On the plus side, it is easier to hide a boner.

So enter the Federation of Small Corporations (FSC). This group was a coalition of DUST corps that would squad together and go on DUST missions. This worked out well in the current system, but come this next expansion, our small corps will not fare well in planetary conquest. So the FSC would need to band together to be able to hold a planet. That's all well and good, but the FSC is a coalition (pretty much just a pinky swear) so the suggestion came up that we should be in an alliance together. The idea took off and people agreed to meet about it asking all CEO's to come to said meeting. Well, our CEO, being the homo he is, was going to be out of town during the meeting. So he came crawling to me. Well, as luck would have it, I would be around and free the night of the meeting. And so the night came...

The meeting started off a little awkwardly. The grand total of participants seemed to be lacking a bit. Only a total of about 5 CEO's were present (including myself). Nevertheless, I pushed forward. I started talking, first off all, about the difference between a coalition and an alliance. I believe I did well explaining this point. After some questions about the pros and cons, it seemed that the CEO's were on board. The meeting only took about 15 minutes due to my awesomeness and resulted in a unanimous vote of "yes" we will join General Tso's Alliance. Only one CEO was unsure, but gave a tentative yes due to the fact that he was made CEO that very day. This was Raz Sidona of the Department of Defence Planetary Response Force. But he claimed that his corporation would be willing to leave their current alliance in favor of joining the same alliance as the rest of the FSC. So, all in all, I feel I am awesome and did an awesome job of presenting the facts. I personally thought there would be more of a turn-out, but you can't force people to be there, so I did what best with what I had. I rule.

Forever your faithful scholar,
Lord SphinctAnus RectAnus of Mianus, CT
----------------------------------------------------------------
Written by hand by Lord SphinctAnus RectAnus

PERMITTE ME INDVCERE: DOMINVS SPHINCTANVS RECTANVS MIANI CONNECTICVTI SUM

No comments:

Post a Comment